Did you know that the banana is one of the most popular fruits? Let’s find out the healthy benefits and nutritional profile of this delicious fruit!
Banana is one of the best fruit sources for potassium, but what is potassium good for? Potassium is particularly helpful for reducing high blood pressure and is very beneficial to prevent cardiovascular and kidney diseases.
Banana contain predominantly water and fiber, helpful to regulate movement of nutrients in and out the cell and helping your digestion system. For the same reason, bananas are known to be useful during a weight loss journey, being one of the most weight loss friendly foods due to its high content of starch, keeping you full and satisfied.
If you love to workout, bananas are for you! Did you know that a banana can give you enough energy for a 90 minutes workout? Thanks for their excellent nutrition profile they are an energy booster and they also help to reduce exercise related muscle cramps and soreness.
Eating a Banana is the best and easiest way to regulate your stress levels. Thanks to a neurotransmitter, called norepinephrine, the banana will help you to relieve stress, increasing happiness and concentration.
Nutritional values: 0 gram fat, 1 gram protein, 28 grams carbohydrate, 15 grams sugar (naturally occurring), 3 grams fiber, and 450 mg potassium.
- Banana toast
- Sourdough bread
- Banana slices
- Spread: Peanut butter, greek yoghurt, Jam
- Toppings: coconut flakes, almonds
2. Banana porridge
- Mix Oats, half a banana smashed, milk of your choice and cook till creamy
- Toppings: Banana slices, chocolate, almonds, maple syrup
3. Banana pancakes
- Smash a banana
- 60 ml of milk of your choice
- 2 spoons of oats
- Mix together and cook in a pan small pancakes
- Toppings: fruit slices, maple syrup, jam, greek yoghurt, muesli, trail mix
4. Banana bread
- 3 bananas
- 100 ml of milk of your choice
- 100 gr flour
- 60 gr oats
- Mix together and add chocolate chips
- Oven 30 minutes at 180C